Saturday, March 31, 2012

Adieu, BYU.



As of April 20th, I'll have officially earned by Bachelor's degree and will be moving onwards and upwards.

As I've contemplated my upcoming departure from Utah, I came upon a startling realization. I'm gonna miss Provo.

Freaking Provo.

I think these feelings are mostly due to the people I'll be leaving behind. I've made some wonderful friends here at BYU, and I'll miss their nerdy presence in my everyday life.


(Note: Several said nerds are missing in this picture...you know who you are.)

In addition...

I'll miss the mountains.

I'll miss getting pummeled with the Gospel every day.

I'll miss the proximity to Salt Lake City.

I'll miss the decent people (landlords excluded).

I'll miss the lack of wind.

I'll miss the lack of spiders.

I'll miss the HBL library.

I'll miss the crazy ducks.

I'll miss the dollar theater.

I'll miss J Dawgs.

I WON'T miss:

Getting pummeled with the Gospel every day.

I won't miss the snow (especially driving in it).

I won't miss the terrible drivers.

I won't miss the landlords.

I won't miss the eternal construction.

I won't miss the parking.

I won't miss mopeds.

I won't miss the cops.

I won't miss the bees/wasps/winged demons.

I won't miss EFY kids.

I won't miss the dating scene.

I won't miss the lack of good Sushi. (Argue all you want, the further from the coast the worse it is.)

And last but not least...

I won't miss Jazz fans.

BYU has been good to me (aside from the initial rejection and not letting me study what I wanted to). I'll miss it. But not that much.

So long, BYU.

Adios.

Au revoir.

Ciao.

Adieu.

No comments:

Post a Comment